Thursday, May 4, 2023

Thrift Shop Finds and More Bookshelf Quilting

Tuesday after work I changed out of my scrubs and headed downtown for some shopping time before my hair appointment with daughter Elaine.  I always like to poke around the thrift stores for fabric finds, and was lucky at Goodwill to find a roll of fabric. 


It is an odd width, less than 60 inches, but there is plenty on the roll, maybe 3-5yards or so.

It is a P Kaufman screen print, per the selvage, and feels 100% cotton.  A great score at $15, too!  Neutrals aren't something I see much of at the thrift stores. I also found a kit and a valance. 

Under $3 each--can't beat that.  The valance is a linen/cotton blend and the block kit 100% cotton, never opened. On taking out the valance, it was quite thin fabric, but undamaged; It may get cut up and added to stash later. 

Precut pieces, sticky paper, batting piece, and instructions were included in the block kit.

These fabrics are more likely to enter the stash and precut drawers than be made into the pictured block.

Another section of the bookshelf is complete as of tonight, the middle left one, which had the highest number of books at 11.  I got one of the bookends quilted and two of the leaning books on the bottom left shelf.  Getting there!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Great finds! The bookcase is coming along beautifully. Happy stitching this weekend.

Janet O. said...

Nice finds at the thrift store.
Happy, summery fabrics in the block kit.
Good progress on your bookshelf quilt!

Tanya said...

Aren't thriftshops fun! Great find on that neutral fabric! I would have snapped that up too if I'd been there!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...